YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
At West Coast Rowing Adventures, safety is our priority number one. What does it mean for you ?
- Our guides are highly experienced in flat water, coastal and ocean rowing. We know and live in the area and decisions are made with safety as a guiding principle.
- Our guides have the following certifications:
- VHF Restricted Operator License (Maritime)
- Marine First Aid
- Rowing Canada Aviron Performance Coach
- Our rowing boats carry all the required safety equipment as per Transport Canada Regulations for Human Powered Small Craft.
- Every day begins with a safety briefing that includes a demonstration or reminder of safety procedures and equipment, and a detailed description of the rowing plan (e.g. navigation key points, on-board charts, potential hazards).
- We may decide to stay on land, offer alternative activities, or adapt the rowing program for safety purposes.
- A Validation Form may be sent to participants to confirm rowing and fitness abilities. We reserve the right to refuse someone on a tour if we feel that it could jeopardize the safety of the person and/or the group.
- We create our boat allocation based on people’s skills to ensure safety at all time.